Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson strikeouts 19 times
Tiger Boards - Clemson Baseball
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
Replies: 7
| visibility 751

Clemson strikeouts 19 times

May 10, 2024, 8:36 PM

You are not going to win many games striking out that many times. Regardless of which Wake pitcher was throwing the majority of strikeouts were on breaking balls. They just couldn’t lay off of those. I will say the Wake starting pitcher is the best pitcher they have faced all year & the best they will face all year no matter what happens from here on.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson strikeouts 19 times

May 10, 2024, 8:40 PM

That is equal to 6.1 innings of absolutely nothing at bat. Left us with 2.2 innings. I think we did pretty good based on that.

We should take the next 2 games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 10, 2024, 9:26 PM

No D1 team should be striking out that much. I dont care who is on the bump.

Not a great look for Clemson

May 10, 2024, 9:32 PM

Chill out dude. That was an outstanding performance by Wake. The prime New York Yankees have struck out that many times. Has nothing to do with tomorrow.

May 10, 2024, 8:46 PM

Frustrating as heck but what looks so good to ours Tiger batters that they have to constantly swing at every single bad pitch way the heck outside...I mean the pitch to begin with is not coming at them down the middle of the plate then breaking way outside,it's outside and off the plate from the very beginning.It's like they are up at the plate in desperation mode in that situation.

May 10, 2024, 8:53 PM

Because you can’t hit his other stuff. Swinging at breaking balls was your only shot. Burns is that good.

May 10, 2024, 9:10 PM

It's sobering. Yes, the kids a major league level pitcher and they're not many out there... but we will struggle against top 10 aces most of the time.

Stats say we're a good hitting team. We hit a ton of homers, especially at a hr friendly park like dks. Our stats are good, really good when we face the average college pitcher that's cutting his teeth.

True, it's baseball and every team, even a Wofford will have a pitcher that just has a day. That perfect storm situation where team A doesn't hit and pitcher for team B just can't miss a pitch. That's not the norm. Miami, not known as a hr friendly park, our runs were down.

Uga, struck us out like 25 times. Maybe 16 were in the 9 innings. We'll probably get a favorable regional. But I don't think we have the hitting to get out of a super regional. We're missing a true Friday ace. Samol would have been that. But we're also missing a closer.

Darden actually made just 2 mistakes... and I'm not talking about the 2 homeruns. It was the two walks b4 the 3 run dinger.

We're a really good team but we're missing a few pieces. Coach knows what it is. Going to enjoy the ride and hopefully we'll get a bit of luck along the way. He'll get us there.

If you took time to read this post, it's neither negative or positive. That's not me. I try my best to just give my honest opinion.

pacontaco2001

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 10, 2024, 9:27 PM

Decent pitchers seem to have their way with our lineup.

Replies: 7
| visibility 751
Tiger Boards - Clemson Baseball
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next