Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Devonta Smith / Bryant Wesco
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,451

Devonta Smith / Bryant Wesco

May 2, 2024, 3:46 PM

Smith won the Heisman over TL16 and others in 2020 at less than 170 lbs. He measured 6'0" 170 lbs at the NFL combine. Wesco is listed in recruiting reports at 6'2" 170 lbs. and per Dabo he has gained 7 lbs. since arriving at Clemson. Unsure if that puts Wesco at 170 or 177 lbs.

Hoping Wesco and TJ Moore both put the work in this Summer running lots of routes with Cade to compete vs. UGA. Clemson Football needs both of them, and like Devonta Smith in 2020 and last season's top Clemson player Nate Wiggins, weight should not hold Wesco back.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Devonta Smith / Bryant Wesco

May 2, 2024, 4:17 PM

Sometimes certain coaches are overly obsessed with bottom line weight, i can understand sometimes the defense and offensive line guys. I also get the temptation of (coaches) to feel the need to always improve guys strength.

but having said all that guys like Devonte Smith and Nate Wiggins and prob Bryant Wesco i personally think its a mistake to bulk them up just for the sake of it, they are all slim reaper type ballers, kind of like the football versions of reggie miller, i wouldn't focus too much on it if i were the coaches.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 2, 2024, 4:56 PM

Over the course of a season, a good WR may get 130-140 targets, but they may play 300 or more snaps. A WR's primary function is to block.
The coach's main concern is not necessarily weight or strength per se, but them being able to hold up over the course of the season. Being heavier or stronger is basically a by product of that (their ability to hold up).

May 2, 2024, 6:27 PM

Devonta Smith was incredible in the National Championship against Ohio State. They lined him up all over the place and there was NOTHING my Buckeyes could do to stop him. I have never seen anything like it

May 2, 2024, 7:04 PM

Devonta Smith was incredible in the National Championship against Ohio State. They lined him up all over the place and there was NOTHING my Buckeyes could do to stop him. I have never seen anything like it

Maybe go back and watch Sammy Watkins against your Buckeyes in the Orange Bowl. That might refresh your memory.

May 2, 2024, 7:52 PM

I think Wesco will get strong over the next 3 years though.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,451
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic