Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Basketball Crowd
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,292

Basketball Crowd

Jan 23, 2008, 12:49 AM

I thought tonight's crowd was pathetic until we got the lead. It reminded me so much of a gamecock football game, don't yell until you take the lead. Don't you agree that the crowd should be in the game even if our team isn't playing good and is down by 5 or 7 points? I realize this post isn't going to change anything, but the only time we made noise was booing the officials, and they deserved it. But, we have to cheer our team on too. If this game was at Cameron Indoor, for example, they'll still be rowdy when they're down to try to get 'em back in it.

I just believe this Clemson team is special and in many ways similar to the team we had with Boogie, Buckner, Jamison and the boys. We need to take a little more pride in what we have. I sat through too many years of Larry Shyatt to let a loss to #1 UNC and at #5 Duke get my spirits down. Sure we're not great, but we're not half bad and with a little luck...maybe a top 5 seed in the tourney.

I'm just glad we won tonight because I've never experienced a more negative crowd at Clemson post Tommy West and Larry Shyatt.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, it seemed the crowd was never in the game...

Jan 23, 2008, 1:04 AM

until the last five minutes.

I wouldn't say "negative" exactly

Jan 23, 2008, 1:05 AM

but I would say "un-ethusiastic." And who can blame us? Coming in on a cold rainy Tuesday night after a loss and playing an unranked team. I'm not making excuses, but comparing us to the best basketball atmosphere in the country may be a little lofty. I agree with you, but I just think you have to put it all in perspective

Wake's beaten us 14 of the last 16, but good point...

Jan 23, 2008, 1:13 AM

The loss, though, was at Cameron against number 3 Duke. Hard to play 5 on 8 especially turning the ball over. But, yeah I guess my expectations are a little high. I just want Clemson fans to savor this moment cause it sure is hard to come by in basketball.

Re: Wake's beaten us 14 of the last 16, but good point...

Jan 23, 2008, 1:23 AM

These are the games we need to win to make a tournament selection. Last year, we lose this one. Clemson BB is headed in a great direction. Did I mention how much I love OP??

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think there will ever be a more likeable team than..

Jan 23, 2008, 1:39 AM

Terrel McIntyre, Harlod Jamison, Tom Wideman, Steve Christie, Merl Code, Greg Bucker, Iker Iturbe, Jurkunas, Mohammed Woni, and Vincent Whitt.

Good Lord I love those guys. You can't ask for a better group of guys to watch. I don't think I miss even our late 80's FB defense as much as I miss that basketball team. Makes me sad even. :)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Those were the days....

Jan 23, 2008, 8:46 AM

I agree that was a fun basketball team to watch, and I did on every occasion I possibly could which was a lot since my fraternity was ushering the games at the time so I did not even nedd a ticket ;)

nedd = need***

Jan 23, 2008, 8:47 AM

Lets be honest

Jan 23, 2008, 1:40 AM

Our basketball team hasn't went to the tounry since 1997. We also fold at the end of the season. People just aren't on the bandwagon and care enough. I wish it wasn't so but most Clemson fans realize this and don't get fired up about it.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude Clemson fans don't care about the basketball team

Jan 23, 2008, 3:20 AM

at all. They throw their coins into the wishing well of our baseball team who always folds in the super regionals and our outstanding 8-4 football teams.

Re: Dude Clemson fans don't care about the basketball team

Jan 23, 2008, 6:41 AM

hard to believe that kids like mathew continues to claim to be a Clemson fan when we all know he is a freakin coot.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our baseball team always folds in the supers ????

Jan 23, 2008, 8:23 AM [ in reply to Dude Clemson fans don't care about the basketball team ]

You know anthing about baseball ???

Clemson Basketball is still coming around and

Jan 23, 2008, 8:35 AM

the crowd will only get better. As far as booing the refs, this has been an embarrassing tradition in Little John (and on tigernet) that I wish would stop. THere is a reason why our basketball program has never been worth a sh#t and its not the refs. The program is starting to peak around the corner and it will take some post-season recognition until all of the fans come around.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,292
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic