Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I saw the post below about agents and blame.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 678

I saw the post below about agents and blame.

Jul 22, 2010, 10:14 PM

Here's my thoughts...

If the agent can be definitively connected to this bs, he should lose his certification for at least two years.

If a player, who has been educated on the rules concerning agents (and you know all D1 athletes are warned over and over to avoid agents) can be definitively determined to have taken money or other benefits from an agent, they should lose their college eligibility. Period.

That crap would stop then.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I saw the post below about agents and blame.

Jul 22, 2010, 10:36 PM

Man you are talking about 18 year old kids. I guess when you were 18 and broke, wanting to be with the girls. And an agent offerd you 25K and told you no one would ever find out. Can you honestly say you would'nt have taken it. The agents should be kept away from these kids period !!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The temptation is great so the punishment

Jul 22, 2010, 10:42 PM

should be just as great, if not more. Remember, the goal is to get the kids to do the "right" thing. Playing college ball isn't a right, it's a privilege. Ending their D1 eligibility isn't the end of the world for them.

And I agree the agents should be severely punished as well.

Accountability. Try it.

When I was 18 I got a job and went out with chicks I

Jul 22, 2010, 10:46 PM [ in reply to Re: I saw the post below about agents and blame. ]

could afford. Greed is all it is

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Jul 22, 2010, 11:02 PM [ in reply to Re: I saw the post below about agents and blame. ]

Go ahead, take a little money, you won't get caught. Sell a little weed, pimp a couple of girls, drive this vanfull of latinos across the border... I know that's a stretch but it all boils down to having the integrity to not do what you're clearly not supposed to do just for a quick buck. Especially when you have 84 other kids on the team counting on you, and your illegal activity can make things troublesome for them.

Well said! We can dodge that issue all we want, but that

Jul 22, 2010, 11:07 PM

is exactly what it boils down to.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I don't know if I would have or not, but I would have

Jul 22, 2010, 11:05 PM [ in reply to Re: I saw the post below about agents and blame. ]

expected severe consequences for doing something I knew was wrong, and I would deserve everything I got if I got caught. I don't know if I was smart enough to not do it, but I think I would have been scared enough.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

"No one will ever find out"

Jul 22, 2010, 11:53 PM [ in reply to Re: I saw the post below about agents and blame. ]

If someone tells you that your first instinct should be to ask "why would I want to be doing something that it would matter if someone did find out?"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can honestly say, it would have been tempting.

Jul 23, 2010, 12:24 AM [ in reply to Re: I saw the post below about agents and blame. ]

But 18 year old kids know the difference between right and wrong - at least i did when i was 18. I agree, agents should be kept away from the kids but the kids taking the money are just as responsible.

Jul 23, 2010, 9:31 PM

Here's my thoughts...

If a player, who has been educated on the rules concerning agents (and you know all D1 athletes are warned over and over to avoid agents) can be definitively determined to have taken money or other benefits from an agent, they should lose their college eligibility. Period.

That crap would stop then. >

Well said maestro. Wow for a time there I thought you Taters were clueless.

Replies: 9
| visibility 678
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic