Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
People are always talking about the Portal, but...
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 715

People are always talking about the Portal, but...

May 20, 2024, 10:39 AM

It's more complicated. I think Bill Burr understands sports.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fUu0GuW1WYQ&pp=ygUcYmlsbCBidXJyIGZhc3QgdHdpdGNoIG11c2NsZQ%3D%3D

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: People are always talking about the Portal, but...

May 20, 2024, 10:41 AM

I guess I don't know how to post things. Let's try again.

https://youtu.be/fUu0GuW1WYQ?si=pM0xCr5uqcdf4882

May 20, 2024, 12:32 PM

Portal lovers have to consider a reality check. 1st the single most important issues is good portal players cost money. That is why most worthy players are in the portal in the first place. Clemson does not have unlimited NIL funds...so would you rather NIL go to HS kids or one and done portal players. 2nd we start bringing in portal players and we will big increase in players transferring out...which is harder to account for. 3rd unless Clemson can get out from under the ACC albatross GOR, revenue sharing is going to make the transfer portal even more unattainable. Also basketball is completely different so we cannot compare bballs willing ness to use transfers to fill in vs fooball. I would rather take my chances with building with HS that portal.

May 20, 2024, 12:39 PM

Absolutely depends on the player, position, and circumstance. I’m all for paying depending on the situation. I don’t think qb was that situation this year to be honest but I absolutely think o-line had been in that critical state now and recently. Just my opinion which I know means nothing but it is a fan board so. I find it odd that baseball and basketball is improving with the portal. Basketball is kinda hot right now. Just don’t understand why we haven’t be so hard headed and not take them as filler in critical situations. Georgia is managing just that just fine. It’s the age we are in. I love dabo and still believe in the captain but that doesn’t mean l can’t question it when we have 8–4 seasons.

Replies: 3
| visibility 715
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic