Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FL AG sues ACC over withholding ESPN Agreements
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1,651

FL AG sues ACC over withholding ESPN Agreements

Apr 25, 2024, 1:19 PM

Hadn't seen this here yet.

https://www.tampafp.com/florida-ag-ashley-moody-files-suit-against-acc-over-withholding-espn-related-agreements/

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good! If the GOR is so ironclad, why is the ACC afraid

Apr 25, 2024, 1:21 PM

to make it public? It’s very confusing to me.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good! If the GOR is so ironclad, why is the ACC afraid

Apr 25, 2024, 1:27 PM

The Devil will be in the Discovery. This should help accelerate the settlement process.

I saw a thread earlier asking why Pickens & the Clemson case isn't moving faster. I think it's smart for them to wait. Let Florida do the heavy lifting and respond accordingly.

Apr 25, 2024, 1:41 PM

The Devil is ESPN.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 25, 2024, 1:34 PM [ in reply to Good! If the GOR is so ironclad, why is the ACC afraid ]

It may be that it is ESPN that is the one trying block disclosure.

One article I read today said that ESPN doesn't want the media rights agreement made public because the agreement is between the ACC and ESPN - not ESPN and FSU - and disclosing it would make public some contract "secrets" that would harm ESPN in futuure negotiations.

If anyone has trouble accessing the originally posted website due to GoDaddy blocking, here's another one - this filing happened today:

https://floridastate.rivals.com/news/florida-ag-sues-acc-for-not-releasing-espn-agreement?guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly9kdWNrZHVja2dvLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAN4shBriuFPPvDDzc7_S0pETPuY1yGAvVO07mN6zxleKsLq46q4aO-8Jb3uCB_YO6-IFFybjqc_lOhuaflOvd8g6qGepSyxSlvvdnk6b97-taRLcsQchRprb2joToJkuB952VYLuTAdAAozwqzLHmBtDTNO41BHdcvASRujX1_aI&_guc_consent_skip=1714066137

That is my understanding.

Apr 25, 2024, 2:39 PM

It was ESPN arguing against discovery in the case in NC. They were not in court Monday in Florida. But, speculation is ESPN doesn't want it made public the fine details of the contract for fear it would hurt them in future negotiations with other conferences.

Apr 25, 2024, 3:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Good! If the GOR is so ironclad, why is the ACC afraid ]

ESPN acts like the folks sitting across from them at the negotiating table NEVER CHANGE positions between conferences. There are lots of Trev Alberts types swapping seats at that table representing various conferences along the way.

Maybe ESPN is banking on the ineptitude of those conference hopping mercenaries -- if so, I can't really argue against that logic. Our country is full of horrid and disinterested decision makers.

Remember when Disney pushing the tranny stuff

Apr 25, 2024, 5:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Good! If the GOR is so ironclad, why is the ACC afraid ]

Then Disney bought ESPN and now all this irony...

Spirals everywhere...since 'Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs' is so outdated will soon be banned tis tis. Where is 'Wizard of Oz'? Oh in NY.

NM ... hope you comprehend.

Re: Remember when Disney pushing the tranny stuff

Apr 25, 2024, 6:05 PM

Here's an updated today article from The Verge (I know, I know) about Disney ESPN, Fox ,etc. streaming services:

Its alot of stuff and you may have to scroll down halfway to read their speculations from February:

https://www.theverge.com/2024/4/18/24120911/disney-plus-streaming-espn-mcu-star-wars

Re: FL AG sues ACC over withholding ESPN Agreements

Apr 25, 2024, 1:46 PM

It's a ransome note held in a vault somewhere in NC. THE ONLY REASON IT WAS EVER DEEMED AN IRONCLAD contract is because no one who signed it ever saw it.

My spidey senses tell me that there is dome hanky panky going on between the ACC and ESPN. Clemson needs to get the SC AG to request a copy of the GOR. Ih ACC refuses, SC AG needs to sue the blastards. The more law suits against the ACC, THE BETTER.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 25, 2024, 2:58 PM

It was deemed "ironclad" because a GOR is not unique to football. It's been used in the publishing and entertainment industry for decades.

Apr 25, 2024, 4:45 PM

Clemson is leaving. NO stopping that now.....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

General consensus from Nole fans is...

Apr 25, 2024, 2:36 PM

... this is just another small step in putting pressure on ACC to reach a settlement quicker than they want to and for a lower price than they want to.

Re: General consensus from Nole fans is...

Apr 25, 2024, 5:09 PM

Squeeze that carbuncle until it burst!

Re: General consensus from Nole fans is...

Apr 25, 2024, 5:13 PM [ in reply to General consensus from Nole fans is... ]

Its more than that. Wait to everything comes out. Love our positioning as of today................

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 25, 2024, 3:49 PM

I have one question, did Maryland pay the 50 mil when they went to the big??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They paid $31.4M...

Apr 25, 2024, 3:52 PM

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/2014/08/08/acc-maryland-settle-lawsuits-buyout-big-ten-conference/13781545/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: They paid $31.4M...

Apr 25, 2024, 7:02 PM

TKS

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is SOOOO much ......

Apr 25, 2024, 4:47 PM

That hasn't come out yet.......

gat1ger® said:

LOL @ person that DV that....

Apr 25, 2024, 5:13 PM

wanting CLEM to stay in ACC.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1,651
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic