Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It's a weird feeling hating the SEC but also wanting them to want us...The hate
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
Replies: 14
| visibility 951

It's a weird feeling hating the SEC but also wanting them to want us...The hate

May 13, 2024, 1:11 PM

I feel for the whole ESecPN conglomerate is hard to shake. I'd rather join the Big10 I think. Maybe it's just this week since I'm also hating the ACC, Duke, WF, WCWS, the coots and the Dawgs.

I may need a valium. Go Tiger Golf!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's a weird feeling hating the SEC but also wanting them to want us...The hate

May 13, 2024, 1:13 PM

I despise ESPN/SEC.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's a weird feeling hating the SEC but also wanting them to want us...The hate

May 13, 2024, 2:07 PM

SEC is inviting Kansas to join. Should be announced today or tomorrow.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell 'em nothing since 1969 coot. No one knows losing better than you.

May 13, 2024, 2:16 PM

May 13, 2024, 2:35 PM

Me personally: love the SEC football and baseball but hate most of the fans.

I'll immediately stop hating any conference that helps us get off this

May 13, 2024, 2:37 PM

sinking ship.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

fork the ACC and FoRK the SEC

May 13, 2024, 3:23 PM

that wasn't so hard

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I despise ESPN

May 13, 2024, 4:05 PM

But love Clemson more.

However things shake out I think Clemson will be included, but bet we'll be longing for regional conferences again once the new-ness wears off.

They somehow need to keep viewers engaged, which is why I think having less than 48 teams involved is suicidal. Unless we're talking less than 44 teams I think SCAR is safe too. Perhaps the magic number is somewhere between 48-64 teams?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How's it going to feel when our students start chanting, "SEC, SEC, SEC!" ??

May 13, 2024, 4:33 PM

Quite nauseating for me personally; much worse than the "Woo Hoo". I say NO to the SEC and Yes to the B1G on that premise only.

Re: How's it going to feel when our students start chanting, "SEC, SEC, SEC!" ??

May 13, 2024, 5:45 PM

I agree with you that our fans chanting "SEC, SEC" is worse than the woohoo, but I'm not ready to say I prefer the B1G to the SEC as a future home. I really don't want to join either, but I'll wait and watch what happens and b*tch when it does.... :)

May 13, 2024, 4:40 PM

Yup. It's like being married for 53 years. Same thing.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 13, 2024, 5:52 PM

Ok, you've got to tell me why the hate for ESPN? You're blaming them because you liked the GOR so much YOU signed it twice??? They held a gun to your head and made you pick up the pen and sign??? If that's the premise for the hate there is no one to blame but your own administration but, somehow, you want to blame ESPN for their stupidity.

When eSECpn bought the SEC (initially) for $2B, they became pimps for their

May 14, 2024, 1:25 AM

hoars. Abandoning any semblance of impartiality to constantly push their narrative in the hopes of affecting recruiting and wishcast their investment into higher earnings. No way a weak team from the weak A-She-She could embarrass on the National Stage the SEC gold standard Bama. They were gobsmacked for a day. Then it was right back to pimpin. It has been sickening for any decent person to listen to. eSECpn can DIAF.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

May 14, 2024, 6:16 AM [ in reply to Re: It's a weird feeling hating the SEC but also wanting them to want us...The hate ]

Tell me your miss informed without telling me your miss informed. In a way they were made to sign a GOR. It was made very clear that there wasn’t an espn deal without a GOR. So yes they kinda did. Hard to move forward without a tv deal.

May 14, 2024, 7:00 AM

Considering how much quality coverage and talk we would get in the SEC, plus the revenue for the school, I would be 100% happy with us joining the SEC. Big Ten feels weird to me

Replies: 14
| visibility 951
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next