Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Was just thinking about how this is a bad time to be a basketball school
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 651

Was just thinking about how this is a bad time to be a basketball school

May 15, 2024, 8:55 AM

Listening to UNC and thinking of schools like Kentucky, Duke and Kansas in world driven by football revenue

Kentucky is sitting pretty in the SEC

But Duke, Kansas and UNC are in a real pickle. Only UNC has enough clout to land a spot in the SEC or Big 10.

Duke and Kansas are in big trouble

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is UConn in trouble. Dont think anyone has told them?***

May 15, 2024, 8:58 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True

May 15, 2024, 9:00 AM

I’ll give you that one

Re: Is UConn in trouble. Dont think anyone has told them?***

May 15, 2024, 9:28 AM [ in reply to Is UConn in trouble. Dont think anyone has told them?*** ]

UConn is what Clemson was in years past but the inverse. They have a football program in name only and focus all of their support on basketball.

Re: Was just thinking about how this is a bad time to be a basketball school

May 15, 2024, 9:30 AM

How are Duke, UNC and Kansas in trouble? B1G would take them in a hurry. Those schools make more in basketball revenue than a lot of schools do in football which is well north of 40 million. You’re misinformed if you think a conference wouldn’t take those schools based on football only.

Why is the ONLY sentiment that only the B1G and SEC are the only viable option going forward? We need oversight and antitrust lawsuits against espn and the sec big perception. The ACC deals could be restructured into a legitimately profitable deal for all parties involved. People forget more than 40% of ncaa championships come from the ACC schools while being less than 15% of the population. You believe the sec B1G narrative obviously.

Message was edited by: OneJedi®

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 15, 2024, 9:50 AM

There have been recent rumors that Kansas, an AAU school, is being considered for membership in the B1G. Duke and UNC are both AAU members. The B1G has never accepted a school that was not an AAU member. By accepting those three schools, the B1G would clearly become the premier basketball conference as well as retaining its traditions in football. I could see how that might be appealing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 15, 2024, 9:54 AM

Nebraska was an AAU member when accepted into the BIG Ten, however, from what I can see they lost that status a long time ago. So I guess being a member isn't a requirement or they would have sent them packing.

May 15, 2024, 10:02 AM

My guess is that they have been encouraged to regain their accreditation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 15, 2024, 10:03 AM [ in reply to Re: Was just thinking about how this is a bad time to be a basketball school ]

There has been talk of them dropping Nebraska and supposedly Nebraska is scrambling to get their certification back before they do.

2024 free_orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 651
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic