Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Knaak - Post Season Usage
Tiger Boards - Clemson Baseball
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 701

Knaak - Post Season Usage

May 2, 2024, 10:15 AM

Think there is any chance coach switches Knaak to first in the rotation come post season? He's been doing so well I understand why they wouldn't want to change his spot now but in post season if he goes first that would give us a better chance of using him again. Clearly he is our Ace.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Knaak - Post Season Usage

May 2, 2024, 10:44 AM

Yeah I’m anxious to see what we do in the regional. If we can get Tristan going like he was before the injury it should be a good 1-2 punch. And there’s not much bad to say about Darden either. I like our chances with those 3.

May 2, 2024, 11:04 AM

Agree. We so badly need to get to at least a Super this year. If we are able to secure a national seed, there is a good chance we can make it to Omaha. I'm sure we will get thrown a touch draw like we have our last several regionals though.(OSU/Vandy/TN)

May 2, 2024, 11:18 AM

I was actually surprised they didn't move him to Friday after his week off last week.

May 2, 2024, 11:23 AM

I thought about that too. Would have been a good time.

May 2, 2024, 11:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Knaak - Post Season Usage ]

We don’t wanna waste him in a game where we don’t hit a teams ace pitcher. Pitching on Sundays is an automatic win.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 2, 2024, 11:29 AM

Smith then Knaak

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 2, 2024, 12:30 PM

Based on recent pitching performances, and the pitching I believe we would be facing initially in the Regional, I'd would go with Darden, then Knaak, and then Smith.

Reasoning, Knaak seems to be our Ace at the moment, and Smith does not appear to be anywhere close to what he was before his injury.

Furthermore, I wouldn't waste Knaak on the first day (assuming we are hosting, or seeded 2nd if we are not hosting). If we are seeded first or second in the regional, I would be going with Darden first. We would probably not be facing our most dangerous rival (and their Ace) until the second day (if seeded teams win(or lose) as they are seeded in the Regional--that's when I would pitch Knaak.

However, there are a bunch of variables in the Regionals (including: where we are seeded, the recent performances of our weekend starters, and the expected starters we will be facing each day). As a result, I would trust Coach Bakich to make the right decisions based on the variables as he sees them--he's been pretty impressive with his decision-making over the last two years!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 2, 2024, 5:02 PM

Good point about not wasting him in an easier first game.

May 2, 2024, 12:47 PM

Depending on the opponent... you don't throw your ace if you can handle an easier opponent without him.

May 2, 2024, 2:14 PM

The way the ACC tournament is set up will have to be dealt with. I want Knaak set up to pitch the second game of the regional, but I trust the coaches. Grace was the Sunday starter all last year but pitched game 2 against Tennessee.

May 2, 2024, 2:16 PM

Grice not Grace. Spell check.

May 2, 2024, 5:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Knaak - Post Season Usage ]

That's right about Grice last year. That was one helluva tough game to lose the way we did.

Replies: 12
| visibility 701
Tiger Boards - Clemson Baseball
add New Topic